By Femi Paseda
If you want a bean recipe that will keep you feeling like you can never get enough of it, then you need to try the bean porridge recipe. It is simple yet very loaded with the right health benefits. It’s excellent and exciting, and you would not believe the health benefits you can get from this recipe because it is great.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 1 hr.
Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins.
Servings: 4 People
- 2½ Stock cubes
- ½ tbsp thyme
- 1½ onion sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ cups palm oil
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Crayfish powder
- 2 Red bell peppers 2 red scotch bonnets
- 3 smoked turkey wings
- 4 cups of Black-eyed beans
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 ripe plantains chopped
- Combine the tomatoes, scotch bonnet peppers, and bell peppers. Set aside and bring to a boil for 25 minutes.
- Boil the beans in a saucepan for 15 minutes. Drain the water, lightly wash it, and replace it.
- Boil for 20 minutes with half an onion (sliced) and 1 tablespoon of salt in the pot of beans. Then add the plantains and cook for another 10 minutes. Drain any surplus water after cooking.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the palm oil and sauté the onions. After the onions have browned, add the pepper base and season with 1 stock cube and crayfish.
- Place the smoked turkey in the sauce to simmer for a few minutes. Then, gradually pour your sauce over the beans, stir well, and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Check for seasoning and adjust spices as needed. Turn off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve and have fun with your special recipe!