By Femi Paseda
The Nigerian fried rice is like our go-to food. It is a staple lunch or dinner which is easy to prepare but very tasty as well. We all enjoy fried rice because it gives that rich feeling of healthy nutrients and the sweet taste to match. This is one of the simplest recipes to prepare but we sometimes overcomplicate things. Here are the simple steps to preparing Nigerian fried rice. If you’re vegan, you can leave out the liver, beef, and shrimps as well.
Prep Time: 25 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total time: 45 mins.
Ingredients for Nigerian Fried Rice
- 2 Cups cooked Rice
- 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables like Green pepper, Sweet Corn, Green Beans, Sweet Peas, and Carrots,
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme
- 5 pieces of habanero (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Curry powder
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- 1 Stock cube
- 1 cup Onion diced
- 3 Tablespoons Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Cup Beef Liver Cubed
- Cook the parboiled rice in the stock till the water has totally dried but do not let it burn.
- In a skillet, heat the oil, add the onions and sauté for a short moment, then add the habanero pepper, curry powder, salt, scallions, mixed vegetables, thyme, and stock cube.
- Add the liver, beef and rice in a mixing bowl and mix till it is consistent.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes in a stir-fry pan.
- Remove from the heat and serve.