Chakchouka (also spelled as Shakshuka) is a traditional Tunisian breakfast meal consisting of eggs, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and spices.
Though it’s most commonly consumed in the morning or afternoon, I find it to be delicious at any time of day. It’s also simple to prepare. Let’s take a look at the recipe.
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 40 mins.
Servings: 4 People
• 2½ cups chopped tomatoes
• One hot finely chopped Chile pepper
• One cup of thinly sliced bell peppers
• One teaspoon salt
• Two minced cloves of garlic
• Four large eggs
• One teaspoon ground cumin
• One teaspoon paprika
• Three tablespoons of olive oil
• 1⅓ cups chopped onion
1. Olive oil should be heated in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic and mix to combine. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked and the onion is translucent.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, Chile pepper, cumin, paprika, and salt.
3. Combine tomato sauce and onion soup and stir. Let the tomato juices to evaporate by simmering uncovered for about 10 minutes.
4. Create four wells in the tomato sauce and slide the eggs in there. For about 5 minutes, with the pan covered, cook the eggs until they are set but not dry.
Cabbage fried rice
Do you love fried rice? Then you need to try the cabbage fried rice at once because it is tasty, rich in nutrients, and exciting.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 20 mins.
Servings: 4 People
• One tsp. of sesame oil
• Three tbsp. of soy sauce
• One tsp. of ginger, minced
• Four cups of shredded cabbage salad mix
• Two tsp. of vegetable oil
• Four eggs
• Four chopped scallions
• Two cloves of garlic, minced
1. Bring your skillet up to a medium-high temperature. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and flavour with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Put in a third of the vegetable oil and stir. Eggs should be added and cooked until they are barely scrambled. Get it out of the pan and put it to one side.
3. The pan should already be hot when you add the additional vegetable oil and sesame oil. Veggies such as scallions, cabbage, carrots, garlic, ginger, and others can be included. Wait five minutes or until they show signs of softening before serving.
4. Prepare an egg and add the soy sauce. Mix well and continue cooking for another minute.