By Femi Paseda
Do you love toast bread? It’s one of our favourite recipes here in Nigeria. It’s timeless, easy to prepare ad of course, tasty. If you have a toaster (2-4 slice toaster), join me as we look at the steps for preparing toast sandwiches or toast bread, as some of us know it.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 5 mins.
Total Time: 10 mins.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2½ tablespoons of butter for spreading
- 1 slightly blended tomato
- 1 slightly blended habanero pepper (optional)
- 4 slices of cucumber (optional)
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- Salt to taste
- Butter your bread on one side (this is essentially important to ensure that your bread does not stick to your toaster but make sure you butter just one side) of your four slices of bread.
- Beat your eggs properly with a little bit of salt to taste.
- Add the pepper and tomato blend and set aside.
- Switch on your toaster for about a minute when you are prepared to toast.
- Place the buttered side of your bread on the toaster.
- Add your pepper and tomato mix on the unbuttered side.
- Cover with the other two slices of buttered bread, ensuring that the buttered side is facing outside.
- Toast till the indicator on your toaster indicates you should take it out.
- Serve and enjoy.