Unripe plantain might seem like less of a treat on its own. In fact, a lot of us would like to wait till it’s ripe before frying or boiling. However, you can use your unripe plantain as a porridge. Here is the recipe; you’re gonna love it.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
- One pointed Tatashe
- One scotch bonnet chili
- 1 medium size onion
- One handful basil
- One beef bouillon
- ⅓cup palm oil
- One whole smoked mackerel
- Four unripe plantains
- Ten pieces fresh shrimps
- Two cups Spinach
- Add a little water to a blender and blend scotch bonnet chili peppers, pointed pepper, and onions.
- Prepare the plantain by peeling, slicing, and setting aside portions.
- Cook the second half of the onion for four minutes in palm oil that has been heated over medium heat, and then serve.
- Mix the blended pepper with half a cup of water, add it to the hot oil, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for about ten minutes.
- For around eight minutes, sauté the diced plantain with the salt and seasonings before adding the smoked fish and cooking for another three minutes.
- Put the prawns in the plantain and mix them in gently. Continue cooking for another three minutes. Fresh vegetables should be added and cooked for a further five minutes. Once everything is combined, taste it to see if more salt or seasoning is needed.
- The plantain can be mashed in part while leaving other pieces whole for visual interest. The plantain porridge is done, so remove it from the fire and serve it right away.
An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who had been conducting a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me dinner because I found it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this topic here on your website.
I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s both educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy I found this in my search for something relating to this.