The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has appointed former Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo as a member of its Council.
Osinbajo joins six other newly appointed members drawn variously from Spain, Sudan and global organisations such as the African Union, etc. The appointments come into effect immediately.
The Foundation made this known via an official email to our correspondent. the Press statement reads:
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is proud to welcome seven new members to its Council, which has replaced the former Board. These incoming personalities bring a wealth of experience key to advancing Africa’s governance agenda and tackling the multiple challenges the continent faces.
In their capacity as Council members, they will support the Foundation in its mission to strengthen the African voice on global challenges and plot a path for the continent’s future progress.
Joining the Council are:
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo – Chair of CAP-A (Climate Action Platform-Africa), former Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- H.E. Abdalla Hamdok – Former Prime Minister of Sudan
- Arancha González – Dean of the Paris School of International Affairs at Sciences Po, former Foreign Minister of Spain
- Dr. Ibrahim Assane Mayaki – AU Special Envoy for Food Systems, former Prime Minister of Niger, former CEO of the AUDA-NEPAD
- Tsega Gebreyes – Founding Director at Satya Capital Limited
- Vera Songwe – Chair and Founder of the Liquidity and Sustainability Facility, former Executive Secretary of UNECA
- Paul Polman – Vice-Chair of UN Global Compact, former CEO of Unilever
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is excited to welcome these distinguished individuals to the Council and looks forward to their invaluable contributions. These appointments
will come into effect immediately.
This move is part of the Foundation’s continued commitment to inform discussions, convene thought leaders, and support young Africans to become Africa’s future leaders.
Commenting on the Council, Mo Ibrahim, Chair and Founder of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation,
said, “Each one of these individuals have demonstrated a steadfast commitment to advancing Africa’s development and governance agenda. It is an honour to have them join our Council and bring their invaluable experience to the Foundation.
“They will each be instrumental in our continued efforts to strengthen Africa’s voice on global challenges.”