By Femi Paseda
If you are a lover of spicy goat meat, then this is the recipe for you. Known as one of the tastiest goat meat recipes, this Western Nigerian recipe is one you do not want to miss. It’s spicy and not for the hesitant ones because it will definitely spice you up like never before.
Prep Time: 30 mins.
Cook Time: 40 mins.
Total Time: 1hr 10mins.
Servings: 5 people
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 or more scotch bonnet pepper
- red and/or green bell pepper
- 1 cup of water or more
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 pounds of goat meat cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons or more Maggi powder
- 4 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- In a medium pot, cook goat meat with salt, pepper, beef bouillon powder, and some sliced onions until soft.
- Add the least amount of water as possible, just enough to heat it.
- Remove the goat meat with a rubber spatula and lay it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Broil for 12 minutes on low, flipping every few minutes, or until golden.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, then add the onions, garlic, and ginger. For approximately a minute, stir. Then add green onions, bouillon, curry powder, tomatoes, white pepper, scotch bonnet pepper, and paprika to taste. Cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the roasted goat and bell pepper for 4 minutes, stirring. Seasonings can be adjusted to taste.
- Serve hot