Scotch Eggs are a mouthwatering combination of a hard-boiled egg and sausage that has been given a touch of heat. You can have it for breakfast, as an appetizer, or even as a quick snack in the middle of your busy day. They are nothing short of fantastic!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 35 mins.
Servings: 6 scotch eggs
• Enough all-purpose flour to coat the scotch eggs
• Six large boiled eggs
• Enough bread crumbs to coat the Scotch eggs
• Enough vegetable oil for deep frying
• ¼ teaspoon of Nutmeg
• One lb Sausage links
• ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
• One raw and slightly beaten egg
1. Using chili powder and nutmeg, season the sausage, and ensure that the sausage is properly seasoned before you set aside.
2. Take a golf-ball-sized chunk of sausage and flatten it with your palms.
3. Place an egg in the center of the meat; and wrap the meat around the egg until it is completely wrapped.
4. The next step is to roll the egg that has been wrapped in meat in flour, shake off any excess flour.
5. Then dip it in egg that has been beaten, and finally roll it in bread crumbs.
6. The oil should be heated to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit before frying.
7. Once you start frying monitor till it is golden brown before you take it out of the heat.
8. Put the fried scotch eggs on a clean paper towel to remove any excess oil.
9. Serve, and have fun with the family.
Local fish pancake
We all know that pancakes are tasty. You get a mix of interesting ingredients coming together to give you that relaxing taste.
However, if you thought your usual pancake was great, wait till you have a taste of the local fish pancake. This recipe is super easy to prepare and the taste is excellent.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
Servings: 2 people
• One cup of flour
• One can of sardine
• One small onion
• One stock cube
• A pinch of salt
• ½ cup of water
• Oil for frying
• ½ cup of pepper
1. Sift your flour in a bowl using a wire mesh. You can do this about two times to ensure that the flour is free of any dirt.
2. Add your pepper and onions to the sifted flour.
3. Add your meshed sardines to the mix.
4. Next, you need to as your stock cubes and a pinch of salt.
5. Add the half cup of water to the mix to form a thick paste. Ensure that the paste is consistent without any lumps.
6. Heat your non-stick pan and add a small quantity of oil.
7. Use a spatula to add each batch of pancake mix and fry under low heat.
8. Flip to the other side once you notice that the side on top is properly dried and ensure it gets fried as well – the pancake is ready when it can easily flip off the pan.
9. Serve hot with tea or any drink and enjoy with family and friends.