By Femi Paseda
Garri is one of the most loved recipes in Nigeria today, and while it might seem simple enough, it is pretty complicated for some people to get it right. We go to some places, and we feel and enjoy the texture of the eba prepared, but when we get home, it’s another thing entirely. If you’re looking to prepare eba the right way, let’s read on.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
- A cup of boiling water as needed.
- 1/3 cup of garri or more, depending on the texture.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil, then gently take out 1 cup of hot boiling water and transfer it into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- With a wooden spatula, whisk in 1/3 cup of garri into the heated water. If the eba is still soft, add more garri till you get the texture you want. Once you have the texture you want, serve instantly with your favourite Nigerian soup.
In a bowl
- Fill a bowl halfway with hot, boiling water and then add the garri.
- Turn the eba together with a wooden spatula or a spoon. If it’s too soft, add more garri, and if it’s too firm, add more hot water.
- You can leave it for about 5 minutes so it can mix properly.
- Make the eba by turning it properly and serving it right away with your favourite Nigerian soup.