If you are a lover of fish rolls, you need to check out this one-of-a-kind recipe. It’s crusty, flavorful, and a great snack people will find hard to resist.
Prep Time: 25 mins.
Cook Time: 45 mins.
Total Time: 1hr 10 mins.
Servings: 15 People
- salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 400 grams Flour
- One medium-sized grated carrot
- One Onion bulb
- One teaspoon of Garlic powder
- One tablespoonful sugar
- ½ cup water
- 100 grams margarine
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- One large raw egg
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- One seasoning cube
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper
- One Fresh whole mackerel fish
- Mix half the onion, half a teaspoon of garlic powder, half the thyme, half a seasoning cube, curry powder, and salt to taste, and rub it all over fresh mackerel fish.
- Start by adding some water and boiling it until everything is done.
- The fish must be removed from the stock, the bones removed, and the fish mashed with a fork.
- Stir fry minced onions and garlic powder in two tablespoons of vegetable oil until the onions are translucent.
- Stir-fry the grated carrot before adding the mashed fish, hot pepper, seasoning cube, and a pinch of salt.
- Just a quick stir will bring out all the flavours. Place in a bowl and put in the fridge to chill.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; then, cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix the eggs in thoroughly, then add water little by little until you have a dough you can work with.
- A smooth but firm dough can be achieved by transferring the ingredients to a work surface, kneading for three minutes, and then letting the dough rest for five minutes while covered.
- Return the dough to your countertop and proceed to make a few cuts. Roll out the small ball of dough until it’s flat with a rolling pin, and then cut it into a rectangle.
- Now, spread the fish filling evenly over the dough and roll it up tightly. Keep rolling it until it’s the length you want.
- The remaining dough should be treated in the same manner and set aside.
- Finally, deep-fry the rolls in hot oil until they are golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy.