For this salad, we are going to scoop up boneless, skinless chicken breasts in brine. You may also use any sort of pre-cooked chicken you have lying around, skin and all.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
Servings: 4 People
For the Salad
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Four pitted and minced green olives
- One pound of raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cored and chopped apple,
- 1/3 sliced and chopped head lettuce
- Two ribs of celery, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
For the Dressing
- Five tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Two teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Start by bringing 2 quarts of salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Put in the chunks of chicken breast and bring the water back to a boil.
- Then, cover the pot and remove it from the heat. While you get everything else ready, let the chicken rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Make the dressing for the chicken salad in a big bowl.
- Combine the jam, preserves, and lemon juice with the mayonnaise.
- Try it out to make sure the sweetness and acidity levels are just right. The perfect salad dressing balances sweetness and acidity.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top.
- Add the chopped ingredients, such as apple, celery, olives, red onion, and bell pepper.
- Cut the chicken into cubes after removing it from the poaching liquid.
- Toss it with the salad and the dressing.
- Slice and chop the lettuce, and then mix it in right before serving.
- Serve and enjoy.