Puff puff recipes are great because they are part of our Nigerian heritage. It makes a great snack and a tasty evening recipe you can always enjoy. If you want to learn to prepare the Nigerian puff puff this is the excellent recipe to get you the tasty results you are looking for.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 30 mins.
Total Time: 45 mins.
Servings: 10 people
- 150 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
- 10 g all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil (to be used for frying}
- ½ tsp salt
- 650 ml Lukewarm Water
- 10 g fast action yeast
- Combine the flour and salt in a small basin.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients.
- To make a batter, add lukewarm water in little amounts to the dry mixture. You can start with 500g of water and then see if it requires more – find the balance.
- Cover the container with a moist towel and set it aside to swell.
- After the batter has expanded and doubled in size, it is ready to be fried.
- Add sufficient oil to a pan and simmer until hot over medium-high heat.
- Test the batter by dropping a small amount into hot oil; if the dough floats to the top, it is prepared for use.
- Cook puff pastry till light brown on both sides.
- Until the batter runs out, continue frying.
- Serve and enjoy.