The native jollof rice is an extremely tasty recipe which is far more exciting than the usual jollof rice. This recipe is one you would love to try if you have not tried it already. It is healthy, easy to prepare and an exciting experience for anyone looking to enjoy good food.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 50 mins.
Total Time: 60 mins.
- Smoked Fish
- Palm Oil
- Blended peppers
- Seasoning cubes
- 2 Tablespoons of Crayfish (grounded)
- A handful of prawns
- 2 Tablespoons locust bean
- 3 Cups of rice
- 1 medium Onion
- Heat the palm oil over medium heat until it is hot – avoid bleaching the oil..
- When the onion is tender, add it.
- Add the locust bean, stir, and cook for a minute.
- Stirring occasionally to prevent burning the sauce, add the blended peppers and cook until it is halved.
- Add seasoning cubes, ground crayfish, diced Ponmo, dry fish, and prawns.
- Add the stock and water, cap it, and allow it to boil vigorously.
- Add the rice and continue to simmer until done.
- On low heat, add the ugwu and palm oil and stir.
- Serve and savour