If you are looking for a delicious salad that goes well with any meal, then you need to try the Moroccan carrot salad. The Moroccan heritage is a rich one, and this salad shows just how rich this African country is. Also, it allows you to taste something far more different than what you have been used to.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
Servings: 4 people
● ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted
● ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
● One chopped and thinly sliced red onion
● Two large grated carrots
● ½ cup of fresh dates – chopped and seeded
● ¼ cup of coriander
For the dressing
● ½ teaspoon of salt
● ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar
● Four teaspoons of toasted ground cumin
● One tablespoon of honey
● ¼ cup olive oil
1. Put the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid and set it aside.
2. Put the carrots, dates, almonds, and coriander in a big bowl and put it in the fridge until you need it.
3. Before serving, gently stir in the dressing you’ve made.
4. Serve and enjoy your salad.
Mango and cucumber salad
The mango and cucumber salad is an east African salad recipe which gives you a new feel and a high level of spice. You can enjoy this salad as a side meal or even with grilled meat.
Prep Time: 35 mins.
Cook Time: 5 mins.
Total Time: 40 mins.
Servings: 3 people
● One thinly sliced English cucumber
● ½ small red onion – finely chopped
● ½ teaspoon salt
● One Tablespoon of chopped cilantro
● Three Tablespoons fresh lime juice
● A dash of cinnamon
● One minced garlic clove
● One teaspoon of peanut oil
● Two cups of chopped seeded tomato
● One red jalapeno – seeded and minced
● ¼ teaspoon cumin
● Two solid mangoes – pitted and diced
● Three Tablespoons of chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1. Put the garlic and salt in a colander with the onion and cucumber. Allow the liquid to drain for 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, combine the mango, cumin, cinnamon, cumin seeds, tomato, jalapeño, and peanut oil in a large bowl and stir.
3. Toss the cucumber mixture with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Peanuts, cilantro, and fresh lime juice make for a tasty garnish.