By Femi Paseda
Afang soup is both beautiful to look at and delicious to enjoy. It is a Nigerian delicacy enjoyed by the Efik and ibibio tribes. This delicacy is also enjoyed in sections of Cameroon that border Nigeria. Have you ever tasted Afang soup and wished you knew how to prepare it? Here is a special Afang soup recipe:
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 25 mins.
Total Time: 35 mins.
- ½ cup Ground crayfish
- ½ tbsp Cameroon pepper
- 2 cups palm oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen cooked shrimps
- 500g ground okazi
- 2 teaspoons Bouillon powder
- 2 pieces of cleaned and deboned dried fish
- 2 large chopped onions
- 300g beef
- 900g frozen spinach
- 4 cups Meat Stock
- First, you need to add Cameroon pepper and Crayfish to the meat stock before pre-heating it.
- Set the meat stock to medium-low heat and add the ground okazi.
- Heat the oil in a separate pot and sauté the chopped onions for approximately a minute to unleash their flavor.
- Pour in the sautéed onions with oil in a pot followed with the shrimp, stock fish, dry fish, and other precooked meats. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Finally, add the spinach and stir to combine before lowering the heat to boil for another 2 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve with your preferred solid food and enjoy.