Don’t you just love the feel of the Nigerian Salad? It has a smooth and comforting taste you always come to enjoy with every bite of it. Rather than waiting for the next owambe for you to get a feel of your sweet and succulent Nigerian salad, you can enjoy it today by preparing it at home. Let’s go.
Prep Time: 30 mins.
Cook Time: 0 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
- 1 tin of 14.6 oz) baked beans
- 2 cucumbers
- 5 carrots
- 5 plum tomatoes
- Salad cream (preferably the classic Heinz salad)
- 1 bulb of lettuce
- 4 small Irish potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 200g (7 oz) sweet corn
- Wash and cook the Irish potatoes until they are tender. Boil the eggs until they are firm – avoid cracking eggs.
- Clean all of the vegetables.
- Make thin pieces of lettuce.
- Using a grater, peel and chop the carrots.
- Peel the boiling potatoes and cut them into medium cubes.
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds, and cut it into thin quarters.
- Cut the plum tomatoes into small pieces after removing the seeds.
- Separate all of the chopped and sliced vegetables into their containers.
- Remove the sweet corn from the can, drain the liquid, and then set aside.
- Remove the baked beans from the tin and put them aside.
- Remove the boiled eggs shells, slice, and set aside.
- Aside from the eggs, start adding all the ingredients into a large salad bowl in tiny batches, one after the other, until all are used up. Each ingredient should be applied in batches so they can be even.
- Arrange the sliced eggs flat on top of the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate the bowl for at least one hour and ensure it is covered. This helps all of the flavours from the components combine well.
- Serve with your favourite salad dressing, and enjoy.