If you are ready to take your taste bud on a wild adventure, then you need to try this South African dish known as chakalaka. It might sound complicated, but it is really easy to prepare. Let’s get right to it.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins.
Servings: 2 people
• 3 cloves garlic chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
• ½ inch ginger finely grated
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 4 large carrots
• 1 green pepper
• ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
• 14-ounce baked beans in tomato sauce
• 4 large chopped ripe tomatoes
• 1 can baked beans
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 1 red onion finely chopped
• 1 red pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the onions until they are transparent.
2. Add the curry powder, ginger, and minced garlic and mix well.
3. After thoroughly mixing, add the shredded carrots and heat for about two minutes.
4. Tomatoes that have been diced should be added. Stir everything together, cover the pan, and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until the dish is thick yet moist.
5. Cook for an additional five minutes after adding the baked beans.
6. Serve and enjoy!
In the same vein, you need to try something nice and exciting this weekend. If you are looking for a healthy and tasty meal, then you should try this sweet and easy-to-prepare potato pancake.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins.
Servings: 3 people (adults)
• 3 large sweet potatoes
• 2 tablespoons of melted butter
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• A pinch of black pepper
• 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 75cl of vegetable oil
• A pack of cheese
• 5 tablespoons of wheat flour
1. Peel your three big potatoes and wash thoroughly.
2. Place them in a pot and add water – ensure it is completely covered – allow it to boil for five minutes under high heat.
3. Once the time is passed, prick the potatoes with a fork to ensure it is ready; if it does not stick to the fork, it is ready – then you can allow them to cool for a couple of minutes.
4. Put it in a container and crush it until it becomes puree.
5. Next, you will add two tablespoons of melted butter, a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of garlic powder, a pinch of ground black pepper and five tablespoons of wheat flour – mix properly till you get a compact dough.
6. When you get the right consistency, portion it into four parts and crush it on wax paper.
7. Add grated cheese at the centre and fold like a square till the cheese is totally covered.
8. Once you have done this, add your oil to your non-stick pan and allow it to get hot.
9. Fry your pancake, and when browned on one side, turn it to the other side till it is lightly browned as well.
10. Allow to cool a little, and then enjoy this fine recipe.