Enjoy the delicious flavours of avocado and coconut in this quick and easy smoothie. It’s delicious and minimal in carbs.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
Total Time: 15 mins.
Servings: 2 People
• 1 coconut
• 1 avocado
1. Make Coconut Milk by squeezing the flesh of a freshly broken coconut. In order to get the best results from the Coconut Avocado Smoothie, make the coconut milk with as little water as possible. About 0.5 litres of coconut milk can be extracted from a single coconut.
2. Remove the avocado’s skin and dice it.
3. Chop up the avocado and throw it in a mixer.
4. Start the blender up and ladle the coconut milk in through the peep hole.
5. Blend it some more until it’s completely smooth and mixed.
Yam pepper soup
Although traditionally served as an appetiser, pepper soup can be a filling main dish when served with a starch like yam or cooked white rice.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 35 mins.
Servings: 3 People
• One kg of yam
• Assorted beef 1.5 kg (kidney, Shaki, heart, beef)
• Two onions
• Habanero or Chilli Pepper
• Two big seasoning cubes
• Three teaspoons ground ehu seeds
• Scent leaves
1. Remove the skin and cut the yam tuber into 1-inch pieces. Wash it and put it aside.
2. Prepare a dry grinder for grinding the ehu seeds after they have been peeled.
3. Cut the peppers and scallions into thin strips.
4. Divide the meat into manageable chunks.
5. Start by cooking the cow tripe, which is the hardest meat. Add the bouillon cubes and one of the chopped onions to the pot.
6. Cover the ingredients with water and begin cooking over medium heat. Be sure to keep an eye on the water level and add more as needed.
7. After thirty minutes, add the beef’s meat and continue cooking.
8. After 15 minutes, throw in the kidney and heart along with some yam pieces, another diced onion, and some salt. If required, fill the pot with water until it is at the same level as the contents.
9. Stir in some chopped pepper once the yam is soft and porridge has formed to eliminate any lingering aroma.
10. Just give it a quick stir, cover, and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy!