Plantain fufu, also known as chichi uguru, is a healthy plantain recipe prepared either by using fresh unripe plantain or plantain flour. You can enjoy this swallow recipe with any soup of your choosing.
Whether you prefer egusi, ofe nsala, efo-riro, or okra soup, you can enjoy it as the perfect lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 3 individuals
● One cup of water
● Two big unripe plantains
1. The first thing you need to do is wash your plantain. Once you are done washing, you need to slit both ends off and then cut the sin off the plantain.
2. Then cut the plantain into tiny cubes and then transfer it into a blender – blend till it is smooth.
3. Transfer the blended plantain into a non-stick pot where you start stirring with a wooden spatula.
4. Keep on stirring until it begins to form.
5. Create some air pockets and then add some water to the mix allowing it to boil – cover the pot.
6. Once it has boiled, whip it together and allow it to form.
7. Serve immediately with your soup of choice and enjoy yourself.
Shrimp fried rice
If you love shrimp as well as fried rice, you do not need to enjoy them separately. You can have a special lunch loaded with shrimp and all the goodies in your fried rice. It tastes great – kinda like the Chinese restaurant vibe – and gives you all the essential calories you need. Prep Time: 10 mins.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 individuals
● Three cups of basmati rice
● One small green bell pepper
● ½ cup of cooking oil
● Three cups of mixed veggies (canned or cut)
● Two habanero pepper
● Four cups of chicken stock
● Salt to taste
● ¾ lb of frozen shrimps (defrosted and dried)
● ½ cup of cooking oil
1. Put rinsed and strained rice in a saucepan with chicken stock.
2. Cook rice until all of the water has been absorbed – this takes about 30 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and cover the saucepan for approximately five minutes.
4. While the rice cooks, in a big pot, heat the cooking oil and fry the onion, pepper, and shrimps. Cook for one minute.
5. Then add the mixed vegetables and sliced green bell pepper.
6. Season with bouillon or salt and stir fry until the liquid evaporates and the vegetables are crunchy but not burned.
7. Combine the stir-fried vegetables and rice until evenly combined. When turning the rice, take care not to mash it up.
8. Serve and enjoy.