By Femi Paseda
Have you ever heard of hot pot potatoes? It’s nutritious, it’s a perfect family meal, and it is very filling. It’s easy to prepare, and with the steps provided in this recipe, you have a dinner recipe for the ages.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 25 mins.
Total Time: 35mins.
- 2 pounds of meat, lamb, or chicken, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 ripe tomatoes, roughly cut into 12-inch cubes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into strips after the seeds have been removed
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 3 pound peeled Irish potatoes, chopped into 2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into strips after the seeds have been removed
- 6 tbsp oil
- Fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- Prep the potatoes and place them in a bowl of cold water to keep them fresh while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- After that, pour the oil into your pan. Add the chicken bouillon, cayenne pepper, beef, thyme, salt, and black pepper when it’s hot.
- Mix to evenly cover the steak in seasonings, then continue to fry in the oil, frequently stirring, until the meat is nicely browned on both sides.
- Mix in the tomato paste, tomatoes, and onions until everything is completely combined.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger, cover, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened and released their juices.
- Add the potatoes and toss them around in the seasonings until they are uniformly coated.
- Pour in the chicken broth, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes can be easily sliced with a spoon.
- Add the bell peppers 4 minutes before the end of the cooking time and continue to cook until they are softening but still have some bite.
- Serve with a slice or two of this toasted bread as a complete dinner.
- Serve and enjoy.