By Femi Paseda
Do you love pancakes? Have you tried the Nigerian variant? Well, if you have not, it is tasty, delicious, and spicy. It gives you that special feeling and the extra spice you need for an enjoyable afternoon.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 5 mins.
Total Time: 10 mins.
Servings: 8 Pieces
- 2 raw Eggs
- 200ml evaporated milk
- 190 gr Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoonful Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- A pinch of Nutmeg(optional)
- 2 tablespoonfuls vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoonful Sugar
- Chilli pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoonful of minced Onions
- Cream the sugar, eggs, and melted butter in a large bowl using a wooden spatula.
- Add the milk, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and minced onions, and thoroughly whisk.
- Add the flour gradually while whisking continuously. The mixture would start to look lumpy and thicken.
- Once the pancake mixture is smooth and runny, gently add the water and keep churning.
- A non-stick pan should be greased with a small amount of oil, spread with a brush to cover the entire surface, and heat until hot.
- Scoop some of the pancake batters with a soup spoon and pour them onto the hot pan.
- To ensure that the batter covers the pan’s surface evenly, tilt it gently.
- After 30 seconds, flip the pancake and continue cooking the other side.
- You need to continue this process for the remaining pancake batter.
- Serve and savour!